Welcome to dental users forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Toggle shoutbox Shoutbox Open the Shoutbox in a popup

@  mariac : (23 April 2013 - 01:40 PM) Hi I just read your forum of dentine bonding problem. I have not heard from syntac since now. I am also having problem with sensitibity. I have used Bifix QM (VOCO) and Multilink (ivoclar vivadent) Both are dual cure adhesive resin cements, with total echt of enamel, with the 2 bottle adhesive system. I need to by another cement, and I am trying to find the cement and adhesive system that do not produce sensitivity to the patient. would you please help me?  I am so desperate that I do not want to do cerec crowns on vital tooth..
@  mariac : (23 April 2013 - 03:27 AM) Hi I just read your forum of dentine bonding problem. I have not heard from syntac since now. I am also having problem with sensitibity. I have used Bifix QM (VOCO) and Multilink (ivoclar vivadent) Both are dual cure adhesive resin cements, with total echt of enamel, with the 2 bottle adhesive system. I need to by another cement, and I am trying to find the cement and adhesive system that do not produce sensitivity to the patient. would you please help me?  I am so desperate that I do not want to do cerec crowns on vital tooth...
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (15 February 2013 - 09:36 AM) New skin "dental-users" installed, please chage it in your settings!
@  Alessandro D... : (02 October 2012 - 11:53 AM) thanks
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (01 October 2012 - 05:34 PM) Solved the problem with the gallery upload
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (01 October 2012 - 10:33 AM) Solved the problem with the moderation
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (30 September 2012 - 07:47 PM) I solved the problem with the uploads, try for yourself
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (30 September 2012 - 07:46 PM) I've opened a support ticket with the manufacturer concerning the moderation issue.
@  Alessandro D... : (25 September 2012 - 07:03 AM) I'm still wondering why my posts have to be moderated
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (25 September 2012 - 06:47 AM) In the settings, all these uploads are enabled, I can't find the problem
@  Alessandro D... : (24 September 2012 - 09:03 PM) uploads of *.jpg,  *.bmp, *.docx, *.rtf should be possible !!
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (08 September 2012 - 03:28 PM) Thanks! Did you know that there is/are special Apps in the AppStore for accessing our forums? Search for "IPB" in the AppStore.
@  Alessandro D... : (07 September 2012 - 08:55 PM) Elmar you do a great job !!
@  Dr. Elmar Frank : (07 September 2012 - 02:38 PM) OK; done :moil:
@  Guest : (07 September 2012 - 02:31 PM) Congratulations, you have successfully installed Shoutbox!
Now you need to setup the shoutbox permissions in ACP -> Members TAB -> Member Groups -> Manage Member Groups -> Edit a Group -> Shoutbox TAB

Photo

Emax As Post And Core, Abutment For Bridge ?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

babis

babis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi to all,

I would like your opinions about using Emax as post and core material in to a molar as abutment, to support a 3-unit bridge.
I had this case with a large pulp chamber of a molar. I suppose that a better adhesion with the pulp chamber dentine would prevent from a root fracture or a possible debonding.
But is the material strong enough to support a bridge with one pontic?

Attached File  emaxcore1.jpg   173.2KB   30 downloads

Has anyone any experiance of this?
ISCD certified CEREC trainer

staffordcerec

staffordcerec

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 328 posts
My concern would be the risk of root fracture, not core strength.

DChung

DChung

Advanced Member

• Premium Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts
Hi,
The tooth itself looks like it is probaly not worth working on, but of course you can only decide on that clinically with the patient when you take into account the other treatment options, finances, how long it needs to last etc, etc. If you decide to bridge the space I'd suggest you would not have a palatal cusp on the premolar, making it look like a canine. The connector will need to be as large as possible and make sure the load is on the molar, not the premolar. It should be strong enough as a material in my experience given the large scope to really bulk up the connector. Try not to think of replicating nature here, but look at it from an engineering perspective and don't worry how awkward the final design might look, as long as the buccal view is Ok. Personally I'd be inclined to remove the molar, or just build up the crown and don't bridge the space at all. I wouldn't try and convince yourself that the ceramic will strengthen the root canal chamber, it's going to be very fragile. Good Luck you may need it I think.

babis

babis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
Hi,

In the case someone decides to keep a compromised tooth like this, what would be the best choice? Prefabricated post and resin build-up, cast metal post and core, zirconia post and core or emax post and core bonded like an endocrown?
What do you think?

I didn't find anything in the literature yet.

PS I don't know if this is shown clearly in the image, the tooth has a large pulb chamber, a residual buccal wall of at least 1mm thick, and sufficient rest walls to make an endocrown.

Alessandro Devigus

Alessandro Devigus

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 3671 posts
keep it as simple as possible ... so I would go for Mark II or Empress CAD why use emax ??

babis

babis

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 28 posts
Given the higher flexural strength of e-max I was wondering if it is better to use it as a post, or like an endocrown with several milimeters extended in to the root canal, without forgetting that the material can be bonded to the dentin with conventional adhesion techniques.

Ollen

Ollen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 6 posts
In my opinion you have to put an implant on premolar and a crown on the molar. This will be a long time result.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users